How to speak to the medical field is a question I get asked a lot, and today our guest is answering it. Nisha Mehta is a practicing physician, specifically a radiologist. She also speaks around the country to medical professionals on the topic of burnout.
Today we talk about how she got started speaking, the different speaking opportunities in the medical industry, whether or not you need a background in medicine to speak to doctors and how to use media to position yourself as an expert.
You'll hear those insights and much more on episode 297 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What is the typical speaking season for the medical industry?
- Do you always have to choose between a job you love and speaking?
- Can you get hired to speak on a topic that's important, but no one else is talking about?
- What are some topics speakers are hired for in the medical industry?
- How important are credentials in being hired to speak?
- What specific speaking opportunities are available within the medical community?
- What area is harder to get into within healthcare?
- What niches have bigger budgets?
- And so much more!