Are we facing a recession? What does that mean for your speaking business?
We’re answering these questions and more during Episode 405 of The Speaker Lab Podcast. The one and only Erick Rheam is guiding our conversation with strategies you can use in these uncertain times to recession-proof your speaking business.
During this episode, we’ll talk about how to lead your business through a recession with confidence rather than fear, why you must invest in marketing and yourself, and why you have to take the leap and go virtual. Speakers have had to pivot on a moment’s notice over the last two years, and uncertain economic times are no different. Erick will talk about where you need to flex and when standing firm is okay. Whether you are just beginning to build your business or you’ve been at this for a while, this episode will equip you for what’s next. Erick’s experience, expertise, and transparency will provide practical steps to recession-proof your speaking business — no matter what happens.
Here’s what you’ll learn from this episode:
- What is a recession?
- Organizational response to a recession
- Impact on travel, workshops, and training budgets
- When to update your demo video, website and other marketing tools
- How to write and publish a book to elevate credibility
- Why to keep investing in yourself and building skills
- Why you need to go virtual and why it’s so beneficial
- How to ask for referrals
- Four questions you have to ask yourself
- And much more!
Tweetable: "Now is not the time to be vague."