Do you know how to be a great speaker to work with, or if you already are? Today you'll find out directly from an expert!
Chris Mefford is a speaker and a former executive in charge of events for Dave Ramsey. In that role, Chris oversaw all of their events - about 80 a year.
Along the way, he learned a lot about what makes a speaker great to work with and what doesn't, why he and his team hired certain speakers over others and why some speakers became repeat guests and not others.
He shares insights on those topics and more on episode 151 of The Speaker Lab.
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- What were the two ways speakers got on Chris' radar?
- What NOT to lead with when connecting with potential clients.
- What does easy to work with actually means, and why it's important.
- Can you communicate too much with event staff?
- What is the one thing Chris believes makes great speakers?
- What's the best way to present a speaking idea when pitching a potential client?
- The most effective approach to connecting with an event planner, according to Chris.
- Why you should keep your email to 125 words, or less.
- Two suggestions to ensure you are serving your clients before, during and after the event.
- And so much more!