Grant Baldwin and Neen James hosted a Facebook Live to talk about how to diversify your speaking income right now.
During the live stream, Grant and Neen discuss:
- Comparing the impact of COVID-19 to the 2008 recession
- Relocating to the United States and starting speaking business over from scratch
- How uncertainty creates a unique challenge
- Keeping your head in the right space
- A service vs a sales mindset
- Defaulting to positivity and generosity
- The difference between making money during a crisis and making money from a crisis (shout out to Sean McCabe)
- Unique challenges faced by different industries
- Managing a long lead time before your next live speaking gig
- The domino effect of events getting postponed
- Financial practices that speakers should emulate
- The reality of what events are actually getting canceled vs rescheduled
- How speakers can look at their available speaking dates as inventory
- “Be kind or be quiet."
- Avoided short-sighted decisions
- Don’t sell something you’re not qualified to teach
- Playing the long-game with intentional attention
- The invaluable gift of asking “how can I help?"
- "You can’t organize history. You can’t live in regret of what you should’ve done."
- And more