Would you like to make a living speaking in the education market? Does the idea of helping educators light you up? If you said yes then you will love our guest on today's episode of The Speaker Lab!
Ryan Giffen is a booking agent in the education and the university industries. He has booked speakers for several thousand events in his time with Premiere Speakers Bureau.
Today we talk through common events speakers are hired for in the K-12 and university industries, how to determine who the decision makers are, and why the idea that schools and universities don't have money for speakers is a myth.
If you want to speak to students, universities and colleges, then tune in to episode 154 of The Speaker Lab!
THE FINER DETAILS OF THIS SHOW:
- Do you have to have formal teaching training to speak in the education world?
- What is the difference between life dollars and profit dollars?
- Why speaking to the education world requires a different mindset than other industries.
- What are the most common speaking opportunities in the university space?
- How do you know if you are talking to the wrong person at a school or organization?
- Why offering more than just a talk for teachers is the greatest idea possible.
- Who are the three groups of people in the K-12 education world and why do they matter?
- What is the range of fees speakers can expect from school districts and from universities?
- How volunteering and long-term relationships can be important to your success in this market.
- And so much more!